[tomboy-list] Compiling Tomboy in VS 2005

b p trixtirslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 12:10:52 PDT 2008

Hello all,
  I have closely followed the instructions posted on this list. Defined
WIN32 in my build rules, and changed the gdk-pixbuf.loaders as specified.
After all is said and done, I have quite a few warnings but no errors. When
I try to run I get the following exception (sorry it's so ugly):

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled
  Message="Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
  Source="mscorlib"
  StackTrace:
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target,
Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target,
Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
culture)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj,
BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] index, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj,
Object[] index)
       at GLib.Object.LookupGType(Type t)
       at GLib.Object.RegisterGType(Type t)
       at GLib.Object.LookupGType(Type t)
       at GLib.Object.LookupGType()
       at GLib.Object.CreateNativeObject(String[] names, Value[] vals)
       at Gtk.StatusIcon..ctor()
       at Tomboy.TomboyTrayIcon..ctor(NoteManager manager) in
C:\tomboy\Tomboy\Tray.cs:line 141
       at Tomboy.Tomboy.StartTrayIcon() in C:\tomboy\Tomboy\Tomboy.cs:line
117
       at Tomboy.Tomboy.Main(String[] args) in
C:\tomboy\Tomboy\Tomboy.cs:line 86
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[]
args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Trix