[tomboy-list] Bring a note on startup

Sandy Armstrong sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 07:39:18 PDT 2008

Matt Price wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 06:43 -0700, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
>
>> Pedro wrote:
>>
>>>  BTW, here's another suggestion: a command line option to create notes
>>>  and set their content through command line without opening them can
>>>  be very usefull.
>>>
>> http://andrew.jorgensenfamily.us/files/2008/02/tomboy-remote.gif
>>
>> http://andrew.jorgensenfamily.us/files/2008/02/tomboy-remote.zip
>>

> sandy, can you tell me quickly how to compile this?

Well, there's a MonoDevelop project in the zip file that you should be
able to just open and compile, but if that doesn't work for you, try this:

gmcs -r:/usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe *.cs -out:tomboy-remote.exe
cp /usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe .
mono tomboy-remote.exe

It's a fun tool, haven't used it much myself.  We may try to pull it
into the regular Tomboy command line client functionality, but there are
some usability issues with letting people edit the XML directly.

Cheers,
Sandy