[tomboy-list] Getting Tomboy Back On Track

Olivier Bilodeau olivier at bottomlesspit.org
Mon Sep 29 19:39:11 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Sandy Armstrong <sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
> wrote:

> * Deliver a solid build of Tomboy on Windows with an easy-to-maintain
> installer.  Make sure the Visual Studio solution is well-maintained to
> enable new contributors.

I would be interested in providing testing help for this goal. My job forces
on me an OS and I would be delighted to have tomboy running on that (and
syncing!).

As far as an installer is concerned, is there something shaping up already
or are you in an investigation stage? Because I did an NSIS installer [
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page] in the past and I think it would do
the job without much effort. But maybe I'm wrong and there is something more
tailored to Mono (.Net) applications around.

> * Make sync rock, and consider integration with Conduit if that makes
> sense.  Make sure there is an answer for sync on Windows, to enable
> users to sync between their work and home machines.

I would be more than glad to provide testing for this, Windows or Linux. I
have a reason to be interested in syncing that I will reveal soon. (silly
me)

> How about Thursday, October 16th, at 9AM PST?  I'm just pulling this
> date from nowhere, but what do people think about that?  If you'd like
> to attend, feel free to suggest alternate dates or times.  Weekdays,
> weekends, days, nights, whenever.

I'll try my best to be online for the meeting. Thankfully here in EDT it
equals noon so I'll hang around while eating lunch. :)

--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier at bottomlesspit.org>