[tomboy-list] Tomboy 0.15.3
sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 06:17:47 PDT 2009
I'm away on vacation right now, and will have limited connectivity
during my travels. I will be back on July 20th.
Since I have internet right now, I'm rolling the Tomboy 0.15.3 tarball
as we speak. I will not be able to do Mac/Windows releases until I
return. If anybody wants to take a shot at creating those binaries,
please post downloads to the list, and when I return I will review
them and upload them as the official releases. Make sure you check
out the TOMBOY_0_15_3 tag in git (latest master is now 0.15.4).
If anybody is interested in helping out with releases in the future,
that would be convenient. The release process includes:
* Review commits since last release, create NEWS file
* Roll tarball with `make distcheck`, extract, install, and test
* Use SharpDevelop to create installer, install and test
* Use MonoDevelop to build on Mac, then run bundle-mac-app.sh to
create Tomboy.app, run and test (I make the disk image with some
makefile magic that's not yet in git)
* Draft email based on previous release emails and latest NEWS,
including important informations for users and packagers at the top of
* When everything looks good, upload tarball and binaries, push NEWS,
tag in git, then bump app version in git
* Update the index.html and download.html on the website
* Blog a high-level overview of the release
If you think any of this looks fun, let me know and we can work
together on future releases. :-)
Looks like the tarball is now uploaded to download.gnome.org. 0.15.3
actually has some nice new stuff:
* New underline formatting add-in (disabled by default) from Mark Wakim.
* Add ctrl +/- shortcuts for changing font size (#488822, Stefan Schweizer).
* Fix bullet display in HTML export (#422954, Stefan Schweizer).
* Update WebSync to use OAuth for authentication, and use the latest REST API.
* Fix i18n issue in WebSync (Anders Petersson).
* Add "Get More Add-Ins..." link in the Add-Ins tab of Preferences.
* Reduce command line output when not running Tomboy with --debug.
* Fix tarball for those that need panelapplet-sharp bundled.
* Documentation updates (Paul Culter).
* New Translations: vi
* Translation updates: bn_IN, es, et, he, sv, ta, th, uk, zh_CN
I also have some other exciting things half-done in my local git repo
based on feedback from GUADEC...will update everybody about that upon
Until July 20th,
More information about the Tomboy-list