[tomboy-list] Add-in Help
sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:54:58 PDT 2009
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM, S Krupa Shankar<shankarkrupa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am a new Tomboy user and a relatively new user to Mono, but am a .NET
Great, welcome to Tomboy!
> I have been trying to create a new Tomboy add-in to get started. I tried to
> follow http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/HowToCreateAddins with some minimal
> I created a InsertMyName instead of InsertDateTime. I tried to use
> MonoDevelop, but I do not know what file should I add as reference to refer
> the Tomboy namespace which contains the NoteAddin class.
That would be /usr/lib/tomboy/Tomboy.exe on most installs.
> So I went ahead and compiled the file along with the resource relevant file
> changes. I tried version version="0.7" as well version="0.14". I tried to
> copy it to .tomboy/Addins directory, then tried to copy it to
> /usr/lib/tomboy/addins directory. I tried to copy it here since I found
> other plugin DLLs are residing in this directory.
The correct place for you to copy it is ~/.tomboy/addins .
> Now when I open Tomboy and go to Edit->Preferences->Add-ins->Tools, I could
> not find the Insert My Name amongst other addin names.
> The command prompt log is as follows:
> [DEBUG]: AddinManager.OnAddinLoaded: Tomboy.MyNameAddIn
> [DEBUG]: Name: Insert My Name
> [DEBUG]: Description: Inserts your name at the cursor position.
> [DEBUG]: Namespace: Tomboy
> [DEBUG]: Enabled: True
> [DEBUG]: File: /usr/lib/tomboy/addins/InsertMyName.dll
> Does the above output mean there is no problem in loading the addin?
Normally. It would be helpful to see the complete output Tomboy gives
when it starts up.
> Please help me to compile the addin. I do not know what step I missed,
> please correct me.
It looks like you compiled it correctly.
> InsertMyName.addin.xml content
> <Addin id="MyNameAddIn"
> name="Insert My Name"
> description="Inserts your name at the cursor position."
> <Import assembly="InsertMyName.dll" />
> <Addin id="Tomboy" version="0.14" />
You should use 0.10, not 0.14. This might be your issue.
Remove your DLL from /usr/lib/tomboy/addins and ~/.tomboy/addins, fix
the addin.xml file to reference 0.10 instead of 0.14, recompile your
add-in, place it in ~/.tomboy/addins, and if you continue having
problems, paste the *complete* output Tomboy gives when you start it
with `tomboy --debug`.
Hope this helps,
More information about the Tomboy-list