[tomboy-list] WebDAV

Sandy Armstrong sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 06:47:31 PDT 2010

2010/4/9 Роман Мартынович <romartyn at gmail.com>:
> I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong, I am new to mailing lists.

You're doing great, don't worry. :-)

> I have a problem with synchronization via WebDAV - when I use it in
> Ubuntu this feature is available but Tomboy 1.0.1 Win32 allows me to
> use only local folder or 'Tomboy Web'. In 'Tomboy Web' I can set up
> some 'server' but there is no text to enter login/password. When I
> enter my WebDAV server address and try to connect it says 'Server not
> responding. Try again later'.

Tomboy Web and WebDAV are not the same thing.  The Tomboy Web sync
backend is only compatible with Snowy and Midgard2 (which you can run
on your own server) and Ubuntu One.  It doesn't use WebDAV, it uses an
HTTP-based REST API for sync.

> So, how can I synchronize my notes via my custom WebDAV on my Windows
> machine?

You would have to find some way to mount your WebDAV server in
Windows, and then use the Local Directory sync backend to point to
that.  We do not support WebDAV-based sync on Windows or Mac.

> I want to see my Linux-made notes loaded in my Windows
> Tomboy.

The best way to do that right now is to deploy Snowy [0] on your
server, or sign up for an Ubuntu One account and use that [1].

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Sandy

[0] http://live.gnome.org/Snowy
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne/Tutorials/Notes