[tomboy-list] Tomdroid 0.3.0 release
olivier at bottomlesspit.org
Wed Feb 10 20:46:23 PST 2010
I have the pleasure to announce Tomdroid's 0.3.0 release!
This new version brings snappy startup (thanks to Benoît Garret!), better
user interaction and overall polish. A foundation for note editing and sync.
Tomdroid is a Tomboy compatible wikiwiki note-taking application for
Android. Right now it's a tomboy note viewer but soon it should be
considered a full tomboy client for android (I hope).
Tomdroid's project page: http://www.launchpad.net/tomdroid/
For now Tomdroid is not available on the Google Market Place but you can
find the latest package at: https://launchpad.net/tomdroid/+download. Point
your Android browser over there and click on the top .apk file. Alternate
installation instructions are available in the README file.
Version 0.3.0 - fundationem
*Android 1.5 or later required*
* Instant startup -- database back-end instead of files (Benoît Garret)
* New "Sync from SD Card" menu item that will populate the notes database
with the notes in tomdroid/ on the SD card (Benoît Garret)
* Significantly smaller App (went from ~380Kb to ~35Kb)
* Note list is now sorted showing last modified notes first
* Notification when "Sync from SD Card" is complete
* Note title no longer shown in the note text
* Fixed note parsing errors (#364850, #483101)
* Fixed phone numbers in note titles (#512204)
* Improved help messages
* Improved error reporting to the user
* Removed the "Load from Web" not-so-useful feature (Benoît Garret)
You can see some screenshots (and redundant info) on my blog posts about
If you encounter any problems please do open up a bug report at
If you have an idea for an enhancement please register a blueprint at
If you want to provide any additional help (translation, code, website,
testing, publicity, etc.) feel free to subscribe to the tomdroid-dev mailing
list and propose help: https://launchpad.net/~tomdroid-dev
This one was long overdue.. I'll try not to keep you guys waiting that long
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier at bottomlesspit.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tomboy-list