[tomboy-list] Streamlined design for Tomboy Notes

Hylke Bons hylkebons at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 02:55:24 PST 2013

Hey everyone,

During the GNOME/.NET hackfest in Vienna Jared asked me to come up with a
design new for Tomboy Notes to bring it into the future. So here it is:
https://github.com/hbons/open-source-mockups/blob/master/tomboy/tomboy-notes.pngSources
are available in the same repository.

My goals for this redesign were:
- Streamline the whole application, keeping 100% of the functionality for
now
- Simplify the preferences dialogue, specially the sync setup part
- Use GNOME 3 design patterns where appropriate
- Keep things implementable on all platforms, but focus GNOME 3
- Add some fun!

Although there's an overwhelming number of arrows it's not fully  complete
yet and things may need tweaking here and there.

These are only wireframes now, I've got some visual designs lined up too,
which I'll send out later as I really wanted to keep the conversation
focused on the interactions for now.

I've been told that the add-ins widget is provided by mono-addins, so if
the changes there are liked we can share them with Banshee and other apps
too.

I really hope you like the design. We can iterate on it based on your
comments. Let me know if you have any questions.

Feedback welcome! :)
Thanks,

Hylke